Senior Software Developer, October 2013–
Skills, Tools & Experience
Loosely ranked from “Pretty darn good at it” to “I’ve only played with it.”
- Ruby on Rails
- CSS Animation
- Responsive Design
- RESTful APIs
- HTML5 APIs
- Cocoa Touch
Peachpit Press, 2010
Senior Software Developer, February 2011–October 2013
I’ve lead development on dozens of projects ranging from small hacks and experiments to year-long e-commerce and mobile applications. Most projects rely on public and private APIs and are deployed to EC2 on top of several Amazon Web Services. In addition to Rails, Node, Cocoa Touch, and front-end development, I pushed the team towards test-driven development, helped out on devops, and played a major role in brainstorming projects and new lines of business.
Major projects include:
- A monthly iPad magazine, built as a hybrid Cocoa/HTML5 application
- A Pinterest data-driven shopping experience with a recommendation engine
- A Fab.com-style curated shopping site
Senior Software Developer, July 2007–January 2011
I worked on small- to medium-sized product teams primarily as a front-end developer as well as a client-facing technical representative and software architect. My development work emphasized performance, SEO, and accessibility. I was often tasked to learn new technologies like Silverlight and OpenGL in the course of a project.
Clients included Dell, Disney, Google, The Library of Congress, Logitech, Mazda, South Park Studios, Target.com, and Yahoo.
Freelance Design & Development
- Peace Over Violence (Summer 2006—2007)
- Rebeca Mendéz Communication Design (Spring 2006–2007)
- Processing.org (Summer—Winter 2005)
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts in Design | Media Art, Summa Cum Laude, Class of 2007
- Hackbright Academy Mentor (Summer & Fall 2013)
- UCLA D|MA Summer Institute TA (Summer 2005 & 2006)
Hobbies & Activities
Cycling, climbing, hiking, binge TV watching, tooling around on the guitar and mandolin, wearing kick-ass socks.